Monday, March 10, 2008

The Job

To answer the many questions... my job is going well. I work with some great people, and the average age in the office is about 30, which is fantastic. (Let's not mention that I am hitting the big 3-o this year! Yikes!)

It's definitely a change of pace for me...I am not used to having such a low-stress job. But, it's been good for me as well, and I am settling in. I have made some fun acquaintances that I hope will turn into friendships, and I am learning a completely different aspect of real estate, which is always good. Never thought I'd be doing marketing full time... and I never thought I'd admit to missing the accounting work. I am hoping to tie some of that back in eventually. We'll see how it goes.

However, I am loving the 2 minute walk to work, I am completely spoiled with that. I can't currently imagine going back to a crazy commute. For now, it's exactly the right place for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Val, GOOD !!!! Im glad you are slowing down and enjoying life in the slow lane now. I had to read alot.. I was behind on about 4 posts... they came out of nowhere.
Very pretty pictures of the country side. Thats the kind of place I want to live. not a stinky city. Miss you!!!