Sunday, November 23, 2008

Western Plains Zoo

Last weekend we flew out to Dubbo and visited the Western Plains Zoo, one of the most fantastic safari style zoo's I have seen. It was a great trip and we took some fab photos. Here are just a few. What an amazing variety of animals! Such great textures and colours and patterns to photograph. We were able to get quite close to everything and see the animals in real detail. My favourite was the hippo, of course, but really, they were all awesome.
I will send a prize to the first reader who can correctly list all the animals shown!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bradley Looy said...

Ok, I will try to guess the critters. If I get 80% or better can I have the prize??

Hippo (front)
Hippo (rear)
Rhino
Elephant
Peacock
Water Buffalo
Deer (looks like a Red Deer)
Rhino
Otter(s)
Monkey (never be too specific about monkeys)
Koala
Marmot
Giraffe
Tiger
Zebra
Bison (that's the proper name)
Tortoise
Spiny Anteater (Echidna)
Another Tortoise
More Giraffes
Camel (one hump kind)
Antelope (Kudu variety I think)
Rhino number 3
Monkey
Otter

Yay, what do I win?!!