Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tulips

Five years ago today Jon and I were married at city hall in Buffalo, NY. It was a rainy day and I wore new shoes that hurt my feet. I carried pink and yellow tulips and it was the happiest day ever. We celebrated after with cake and pizza.

Every year on this day I think about the few friends and family that shared that day with us... most we rarely see these days. I think of them all and smile. It was the most wonderful day.

Today my lovely husband surprised me at work with a huge bouquet of pink and yellow tulips. And it was raining today too. A perfect anniversary. (Almost. It would be better if Jon was in town. But he comes home tomorrow, so that is ok.)

Happy Anniversary to us! The second one we've celebrated in Australia. Time sure does fly.

No comments: