Sunday, February 14, 2010

raining


I know I am so far behind with this blog. I have photos to upload from our Australia Day adventures, as well as the rodeo we went to a few weekends ago. And I'll get to those soon, I promise.

It's been raining every day here for almost 3 weeks. They are predicting rain for the entire month of February. Usually I love rain, but lately it just feels depressing.

I look back on the past 2 weeks as some of the hardest weeks of my life, emotionally. The Husband and I have faced a couple of challenges that have left us both feeling shell shocked and drained.

I acknowledge that there will always be those in your life who will disappoint you. However, when you are disappointed by someone you least expected, someone you thought you could trust, it's doubly hard. Figuring out how to reconcile that disappointment, how to move on, and how not to let it leave you bitter and angry... that can be equally challenging. I especially struggle with that. My first instinct is to close ranks and shut that person out of my life... not allowing them to further hurt me or the ones I love. It's hard to know the right way to react. Maybe it will just take time.

Here's hoping this week brings clearer skies and a clearer mind.

No comments: