Friday, February 6, 2009

Hottest Place on Earth

Well, I have been wingeing about the heatwave for a while now, and since I haven't been getting much sympathy, I thought this might do it. We are heading into what will be one of the hottest weekends ever here in Sydney. From a local news site:

PARTS of Australia will be hotter than the African plains or Middle Eastern deserts this weekend, while other parts battle raging bushfires and still others cope with widespread flooding. New South Wales is forecast to become the hottest place on the planet on Sunday, with the current heatwave sending temperatures soaring to 47C (about 122F).

(full article here: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25015424-1242,00.html)

Now do you feel sorry for me?? Since the UV index will be so high this weekend, I won't even be able to go outside during the day. (I have already burned badly 3 times this year). So - we will be staying in tomorrow, spending the day in front of the air conditioner.

I am so looking forward to autumn!!

No comments: