Tuesday, March 3, 2009

On the other side

Life can be altogether too much sometimes. My parents raised me to believe that you never face anything in life that you don't have the capability to handle. However, even the strongest believer has days that make them doubt themselves.

Lately it seems like my life has been more hills than valleys... and while that may sound positive, think of how it feels to run up a hill versus coasting down into a valley. Sometimes I feel like all I do lately is run uphill. I have been wondering what the significance of that is, and I have been giving the journey that is life a lot of thought.

Seems that no matter where we are, the grass always looks greener somewhere else. In truth, often the grass where you are standing is some of the greenest turf you'll ever see. And so I have decided to try to start enjoying the metaphoric grass where I am now. Focus on the joys of the journey and try to find peace in the little things again.

I also thought a change of name would be good, since you never know where this journey will take us. I am hoping to update and change a few more things, but for now, I just thought a fresh take on things was in order.

No comments: