Saturday, October 24, 2009

missing


I am missing autumn this week. I am missing pumpkin doughnuts and cider and falling leaves. It's easier this year than it was last year. This year I am also so ready for summer. It's been a long winter and I am ready for some beach weather! But ... I am also missing autumn.

We finally booked our tickets home for Christmas. Took awhile because we each had to sell a superfluous internal organ to pay for them. Heads up Garcia family... our presence will be your present this year! We're lucky we have our own headphones for the flight, because I don't think we could afford the extra $2 to buy them! Sigh. Oh well... we are excited about a white Christmas with the whole family. Dan - I hope you are prepared for some serious Grinch watching!!

Lots of stuff going on here with work. My company is growing again and talking about opening a new office. I am busy strategising how that can mean more fun for me and less filing. I'll keep you posted.

I am making time this week to go into the city and visit the big brick building with CANADA on it's door... time to finally apply for the passport. I have been putting it off for nearly a year, but it will be much easier for me to travel home with it, so it's got to be done. Just have to go get the inevitably bad photo taken first. Joy.

Speaking of joy, I was awarded "Employee of the Month" at work last month, by popular vote, no less. (I know, shocking. Truly.) And my award was to pick a fun experience. I chose shark diving. No joke. So, on Nov 15th, The Husband and I will don wet suits and scuba gear and dive with nurse sharks and manta rays. I am a little nervous, but pretty excited. I'll post pictures. And maybe video. Maybe. Depends on how slimming the wetsuit is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaah this post was great.. wet suits ARE slimming.. they suck it all in.
Congrats to you, they give out nice employee awards.