Wednesday, January 13, 2010

a regular week

Things have settled back into a regular routine now that we are home from our trip. The Husband is still going to the gym regularly... I am not. It's been hot for days and days, but tonight we got a nice big summer thunderstorm. The kind that washes everything clean and drops the temperature ten degrees. Ahh... good sleeping weather. it will be good to turn off the air con and open the window for awhile.

Work is hum drum and it's hard getting back into it after having so much time off. But, I am slowly getting back in the habit of working again. Our receptionist quit though, so that's a bit sucky. Anyone interested in the job?

I got to go spend and hour tonight with a friend who just had twin boys. They are the tiniest little chicken-legged things! So cute and soft. Can't wait to go back and see them again. Newborns smell so yummy!

We had Indian for dinner last night. The Husband usually cooks and then I run downstairs and across the street to get rice and fresh naan - straight out of the the oven - from our neighbourhood Indian restaurant. Except, I swear that he (the restaurant guy) is judging me for just buying carbs, so I always feel like I have to order something else. Sigh. And then we have too much food and we eat too much.

Tomorrow night I have my regular dinner and catch up with Tash, and then Friday The Husband has his camera club meeting. Hopefully this Saturday I can do some shopping and get some new shirts for work.

Sometimes people think that we live this all-vacation-all-the-time life here in Australia. And I look at the laundry and the dishes and the bills and the bathtub that needs to be cleaned... and I laugh. It's just a regular week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Naan? I'll have to google it.
I would like to have your Indian recipes, I need some change in my menu.