Thursday, October 28, 2010

three years

Today is the 3 year anniversary of the date The Husband arrived in Sydney. It seems like just the other day I was starting this blog and looking forward to this move with such excitement. I can't believe how quickly the past 3 years have gone. Faster than I could have ever imagined.

Over the past 3 years, this city has gone from being a strange, scary place to being home. I've learned to find my way around. I can drive on the "wrong" side of the road without giving it a second thought. I know where to go to buy shoes and macarons and contact solution. I say things like "easy as" and "I reckon" and "get stuffed." I have learned to look forward to springtime in September and summer in January. Things that once were foreign are now familiar.

Someday I will look back on our time here and there are so many things, people and places that I will miss so much. For now, I am focused on trying to enjoy those things all the more because I know that I won't have them forever.

The Husband and I have been loving the warmer weather lately. It's well and truly the early days of summer now, and the longer afternoons are so welcome. We've recently spent a day at the horse races and caught a Sydney Kings basketball game. Last weekend I had the pleasure of attending two lovely weddings while The Husband travelled to the Gold Coast for a work/play weekend.

This weekend I am determined to start my Christmas shopping and choose recipes for some holiday goodie boxes. It will be the end of the year before you know it!

No comments: