Tuesday, March 29, 2011

light


I love this time of year. The blur between seasons, as the summer fades away and the winter creeps in. Even when I was a child, I would love this time of year. Granted, it happened in September then, instead of April. I used to sneak away for long walks in the woods and fields, listening to the birds and feeling the chill in the air.

Lately the nights have been getting chilly and the days have been cool and rainy. But every couple of days there will be one perfect, sunny day. An indian summer day. Gorgeous and golden. Today was one of those days. The kind of day that makes you want to pack a picnic and run away.

Driving home this evening, the temperature was absolutely perfect. The scent of eucalyptus was in the air and the sun was setting through the trees. I was reminded of how easy the weather is here, and how much I have love the smooth and subtle change of seasons.

This weekend The Husband and I will celebrate another anniversary, remembering the cold, rainy, fabulous spring day when we said I do. Fingers crossed that Sydney will give us another golden autumn day to celebrate with. Maybe we'll pack a picnic and run away.

No comments: