Sunday, July 26, 2009

All work and no play

Work has been busy for both The Husband and I these past few weeks. We've had some major wins and some disappointments, but we continue to move forward and think positively. I am really excited about the next 6 months. I have some great big goals to accomplish, and I can't wait to see how that all pans out.

However, in an effort to refresh ourselves, we made sure to get some good play time in this weekend. Yesterday was a gorgeous day with blue skies and the hint of spring in the air. Even though the winter has been mild here, it has still been winter - and we are all itching for the spring weather!

So I met Tash in the city yesterday for Pancakes on the Rocks, and a good gab fest. After, we browsed the markets. Lots of tourists in the city this weekend! We were amazed how many. Finally, a nice bevvie from Starbucks and a long sit in the sun, looking out over my favouritest of Sydney views. Nothing fancy, just some people watching and some sunshine. I felt so refreshed.

The Husband is spending the weekend with his camera club, honing his skills. I always love to see his latest work - he is getting so good! I suppose that is because he actually takes the time to learn how to use the camera, whereas I turn it on and push the button. Ha.

I am cleaning and packing today. Only 2 more days of work and we are off to the Great White North. Could someone please arrange for summer to arrive there before we do??

No comments: