Sunday, April 4, 2010

eveleigh

I think I have mentioned before that the Eveleigh Markets are one of my favourite places in Sydney. We got another chance go hang out there a couple Saturday's ago, and every time we go, I love them more. They make me want to scrap the office career and plant veggies. Someday I would love to run a farmers market like Eveleigh. The smells, the colours, the people... it's my favourite setting in the world.

We happened to be there on the day they were celebrating Chinese New Year, and so the place was alive with drums and dragon dancing. It's also the place you'll find THE best bacon-egg-roll in all of Sydney. And I am not making that up. There is just something about bacon and eggs cooked in the open air, then piled on a soft roll and doused with tomato sauce (ketchup.) Yum.

We went to take pictures of the summer produce at it's peak, and we left with bags of cheese and veggies, and hot pink homegrown roses that smelled like raspberries. Looking forward to going back this month for autumn apples, pumpkins and some amazing kangaroo paw to decorate our apartment for Fall.

No comments: