Sunday, April 4, 2010

ride em, cowboy

One hot weekend back in February, The Husband and I drove down to a small country town called Taralga, for their annual Rodeo. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I didn't expect to have such a great time. And I didn't expect it to make me feel so homesick. These people were the kind of people that I grew up with. Simple, country folk, enjoying the day and the sun, and cheering on their neighbours. It was an awesome day and I can't wait for next year.

The Husband and I both brought our cameras, and between us we took over 700 photos. There were so many interesting characters and gorgeous horses and hilarious kids. The people interested me the most, and I mainly focused on them. Loving the zoom lens, so I can get photos while no one even notices.



The entire day, all I could think was how much my sisters would have loved being there. I wished they could have come along and shared the day with us. It was hotter than you can imagine, and dustier than all get out. At the end of the day, I could write my name in the layer of dust that clung to the sunblock on my arm. But it was worth it. We had a great day.

No comments: