Monday, November 29, 2010

food coma


Thanksgiving was a massive success. Food, friends, laughs, and a total food hangover. Two days later and I think I am still suffering the effects. Totally worth it though... I could eat pumpkin pie every single day and never tire of it. While I missed my family, the friends we shared the day with were a perfect substitute. (Read more about the day here.) Many thanks to them for sharing their day with us!

Now that Thanksgiving is over with, it's officially summer here in Oz. In fact, this week marks the official first day of summer. I am looking forward to getting out on that beautiful big blue ocean and going kayaking, snorkeling, and swimming. So glad it's beach season - I have a ton of books to read! I am trying to focus on the positives and not think about the fact that "back home" they got their first dusting of snow this week. Strangely, I am feeling a little jealous. Feel free to mail me some!

No comments: