Monday, November 23, 2009

mind over matter


So, last weekend The Husband and I cashed in my "employee of the month" award and went shark diving in Manly. Somehow I thought this was a great prize and I was really excited... until the time came to actually do it. I was pretty nervous. It wasn't the sharks so much as it was the breathing through a tube whilst under water thing. Not exactly easy. In fact, once we were suited up and ready to go, I had more than one thought of running away screaming. Except, I was wearing about 200 lbs of gear at the point, so I couldn't exactly run.

And then we were diving. And I admit, there were sharks and giant fish and rays and other stuff, but I didn't really see any of it. For me, it was about 30 minutes of remember to breathe... remember to breathe... dump water out of mask... remember to breathe. And when it was over, I was glad I had done it, but I was exhausted. And I think that I have decided that - while I may be up for snorkeling - scuba diving is not my cup of tea.

Next time I am employee of the month, I may go for the day spa package.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha fun! (kinda) were they actually in the same tank as you?

Valerie said...

Um... yes. ;)