Sunday, November 8, 2009

november milestones

November is a month of anniversaries for The Husband and I. We were eating dinner the other night and reminiscing about all the milestones we'll be celebrating this month. It was November 1993 when we first met - 16 years ago! Seems like just the other day... and yet, a lifetime ago. We have now known each other for more than half our lifetimes, and we have known each other longer than we didn't know each other. Wow. Now I feel old.

It was November 2004 when I moved to Canada. The last five years have flown by. The visa process seemed like it would never end, and here we are - five years later already.

And it was November 2008 when I became Canadian. I can't even describe how fast the last year has passed. Although I was born in the US, and will always have a soft spot for it, I truly do feel like Canada is my home. I am so proud and happy to be Canadian. I know that wherever life takes us, Canada will always be the place we "go home" to.

No comments: