Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nine Nine Nine

I remember being in grade school and figuring out that some day in the distant future, the date would be 09/09/09... and that day would be my birthday! And I would be 31... so old!

Well, I don't feel old. Ok, maybe I feel a little old, considering the fact that my boss spread a rumour at work today that I am 38 - and people believed her!! But beyond that, I don't feel old.

But I do feel tired. I spent my birthday balancing budgets, fighting with a major media conglomerate over invoices and credits, training a new staff member, scrubbing the office BBQ, (don't ask) grocery shopping, doing a load of laundry, baking an apple crisp, preparing for a class I am teaching tomorrow, and a whole lot more that I don't even remember.

But there was cake. And some surprise flowers from The Husband. So it was a good day. Bring on another year!

No comments: