Sunday, September 6, 2009

time flies

Not much out of the ordinary to report lately. Life is chugging along, as it does. The Husband and I have been making good on our commitment to go to the gym regularly and while I don't notice any difference in the mirror, it is getting easier to go each time.

The daylight hours are getting longer each day and often it is still light when I leave the office. Work has been busy for me lately and challenging. In some ways that is very good - I am getting a change to spearhead some great projects and implement some great systems. But the challenge of working with some really difficult people has been getting me down a lot lately.

Hard to believe that it was a year ago already that I was lamenting the end of my 20's. I turn 31 this week and can honestly say that so far, the 30's have been great. We have some fun travel plans coming up in the next 12-24 months, and I am super excited.

It's finally spring here in Sydney, and I can't tell you how nice it has been to break out the sandals again. Happy to say goodbye to socks again for many months. (Ok, at least until our trip back to CAN for Christmas.) We have had day after day of gorgeous, sunny weather lately, and it's been fantastic. Almost enough to distract me from the fact that it's my favourite season "back home."

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to Grams and Misty... miss you both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
travel plans? hmmmm