Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Crate

There is a huge, wooden crate sitting in my garage. It's 3 feet high by 4 feet wide by 6 feet long. Picture a really deep coffin.

I am supposed to fill that crate with everything I wish to take to Australia. When we got the crate (which weighs as much as a mid-sized elephant,) I thought "great, it's huge! lotttts of room!" Hmm. I am not so sure. The list of Things To Pack keeps growing and that crate is not getting any bigger.

Once I manage to fill The Crate, it will be hauled away by forklift and flat bed truck. It will go 30 minutes from here to Oakville, where it will be weighed. (cringe) Then it will go on a train and travel all the way across the continent, to Vancouver. Then it will be loaded on a ship, and it will sail to Australia. Stopping first in Malbourne, it will be placed on a truck and shipped to a warehouse in Sydney, where we will empty it.

All of this is supposed to take 5-6 weeks. Heh. We shall see.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You won't be able to fit any of your stuff in once I've squeezed me, Tom and Luna in!!!!