Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Urban Living

In my last blog, I left you all with the Aussie burger bit. Since then, I've also come to learn that even McD's has copped to the sterotype. Who would have guessed... Anyway, I think it's a funny read:

http://www.aussiecitylife.com/the-mcoz-australias-homegrown-maccas/

That brings me to the next bit. What the topic is really about. I am now an urban-suburbanite. That is to say I live in a urban-suburb of a major metropolis. It's a bit of an oxymoron really. But I'll save that for the next post. What I'm really after here is that I'm in the heart of a "village". An as such, there are countless shops, pubs, bistros, cafes, noodle houses, Mc'D's, and so many more varieties, that I find myself struggling to figure what to cook. Add to that, that the fridge, just got delivered today, so I've had a bit of an excuse so far. But now, I've committed to making the trek to the local grocer (I'm still feeling out Coles v. Woolworths), and it's hard to stay on track as I exit the building to a veritable bouquet of fragrant aromas. Garlic. Mmmm. Yep, the kind that emanates from any number of Italian joints. Just like those on the Lower-East side. Curries. Delicate blends of many spices creating a taste sensation... I could go on.

For now, it's off to the Woolworths. Maybe I can find a "heat & serve. Wait. No micro yet. Hmmmmm.

No comments: