Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Miracle of Air Travel

I had the opportunity to fly to British Columbia last week to visit my sister Virginia, her husband Steven, and their 4 lovely kiddies. As I sat on the plane to Vancouver, I couldn't help but marvel at how a giant tin can filled with people can actually fly. It was a pretty miserable flight, and I had to keep reminding myself that this was only a trial run for the 24 hour flight next month to Sydney, which will no doubt make me want to gouge my eyes out. Funny to think I used to love flying. Heh.

It was great to visit the Haab Herd, and so much fun to finally see where they live. Quite a shock to see so much snow already, and I was so glad to return to sunny autumn in Toronto. It's even been a bit breezy here, so I just may get out of raking those leaves yet!

I am back to packing in full force. Or should I say - planning to pack. I will get around to it eventually. I am just not feeling motivated to make decisions about what to bring and what to leave behind. Maybe this weekend.

No comments: