Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sleeping on a Park Bench

Well... so far the search for a new home has not been sucessful. Jonathan is still in a company-provided studio apartment. He has been making efforts to find an apartment, but it's a whole new world down there. Apparently, real estate works a bit differently in the land of Oz. What seems like an average process - finding and renting an apartment - is actually akin to running a marathon. (I'll let Jonathan explain, if he ever gets internet access. LOL) I am confident we'll find something soon, and I'll be sure to post photos of the new place. Until then, Jonathan will go on feeling a bit homeless.

I am, ironically, almost in the same boat. Systematically sorting through everything we own and trying to get rid of as much as possible. It's starting to feel pretty empty in here. Doesn't help that I dropped the tv and killed it. One less thing to put in storage, I guess. Heh.

Now, our landlord here in Ontario is starting to make noises about finding a new tenant. I imagine it is only a matter of time until I am hosting waves of weirdos as they "view" our home. That should be lots of fun. Maybe I should clean a bit.

On an interesting note, it is in the 70's currently in Sydney. And here in Ontario, they are saying we may get the "s-word" on Wednesday. Ugh. Really should get around to raking those leaves.

Oh - and due to recent "daylight savings" issues, we are now 16 hours apart. When it's 8am here, it's midnight there. Crazy.

No comments: